we all have a dark past
oh god. why couldn’t someone send me an email saying “blog your 5 favorite movies” or something. instead veronica wants me to share 5 things that most people don’t know about me. since the only people who read my blog probably know me too well, this isn’t going to be easy. i’m pretty forthcoming, to my friends, to my blog readers, well to anyone, except about anything that happened before college. so i immediately panic – how am i going to say in my blog what i don’t say to anyone? i go over the option of writing out a very long story of my dark pre-college days and pulling out the 5 facts in footnotes or something david foster wallace style. it would be a good read, but it would be depressing and most of you would either write me asking if i need help or just not talk to me again.
after calming down i realized there was plenty that no one, not even my closest pals, know about the post-ohio me. so hey. i can do this.
- i don’t do drugs because none of them work the way they should. every single one i tried seems to have some negative effect or no significant effect at all. once i realized i wasn’t having the same fun everyone else was, i decided to spend my money on better things.
- although i wasn’t out yet, i figured out i was gay when living in lake placid. there was a little gay bar there, but i never went in. of course, i wasn’t drinking back then, so i had no clue what i’d do in a gay bar.
- gays love to have sex in parks. i don’t know why. but i’ve been a party to it too. my first park sex was a blow job from a dude i picked up in a bar by talking to him about his gun. he was a security guard and had a
barettaberetta. (see below)
- there are 3 bands that people who i respect love and that i hate. i don’t usually talk about it because everyone loses a little respect for me when i tell them that pink floyd, credence clearwater revival and rush all turn my stomach.
- even though i have to turn them down, it totally boosts my ego when girls i meet at the gym, in bars, at parties, etc get bold and ask me out on dates. it should be noted that a guy has never asked me out in the same situation.
so there you go. we made it. now i have to think of who to tag. i’m going to make some of you dig up some secrets soon. so be prepared.
Filed under: All about me | 3 Comments